Cosmetic surgery is a medical specialty which is concerned with the correction or restoration of any of your body parts. It is performed on normal parts of the body with the purpose of improving a person’s appearance and for removing signs of aging. Cosmetic surgery is becoming popular day by day. Stats show that, in 2006, nearly 11 million cosmetic procedures were performed in the United States. The popularity of the procedure has increased over 50% since the start of the century. In Europe, the cosmetic surgery market worth $2.2 billion. It is also very common in countries such as the United Kingdom, France, and Germany.
The most relevant cosmetic procedures are:
- Breast Augmentation
- Chemical peels
- Cheek Augmentation
- Lip Augmentation
- Body Lifts
- Butt Lift
Important precautions before and after cosmetic surgery procedures:
- If you are going for a facelift or any other cosmetic surgery on the face, the experts advise you not to apply any cosmetic product on the area. This may pose to skin allergies and infection.
- Stop smoking. Smoking before and after the surgery is very harmful and may delay the healing process.
- You are also suggested stopping using any kind of anti-inflammatory drugs like aspirin for a couple of days. These medicines increase the risk of bleeding during the surgery.
- Avoid going out in the sun as the ultra-violet rays can cause damage to the treated area.
- Always use sunscreen with 30 SPF whenever you go out in the sun.
- After few procedures, you may resume to your normal routine, but the strenuous activities like gym and rigorous exercises are not recommended. This may delay the recovery process.
- Consult a cosmetic surgeon first before having any medicines or supplements. Regular medicines for body growth and fitness can create a hard blood clotting.
- Take good diet as this is helpful in the healing process.
- Facelift patients are advised to take a liquid diet.
- Doctors usually recommend antibiotics to avoid infections, but they may cause gastric problems. Have toned milk and other fibrous food to prevent gastric problems.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol.
- Modify your diet and routine as per the doctor’s instructions.
If you are determining any cosmetic procedure, contact us for more details. Take an appointment to meet us. We will help you to take the right decision.